• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

MySQL 5?

Yep, Sounds like I was talking apples and you two were talking
oranges.

My original problem was the mysqli was not working with my
setup.

It now does even though the client is 4.1.15

I still learned a lot in this thread...Thanks.

Have a great day.

Joe
 
I did a test on Centos + Plesk 8.1

Php5 was working fine, but I got an error about mysql via pam_plesk modules.

PAM [dlerror: libmysqlclient.so.14:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]

PAM adding faulty module:
/lib/security/pam_plesk.so

Does anyone fix this issue?

HD
 
Originally posted by Vengent
Aye, I hear you. My production box is still sarge with dotdeb. And I've resigned myself to the 4 client headers thus far.

It's still just the test box running etch. As soon as I get a stable upgrade path, I will definitely post.

Old post, but promised to come back to this.

I've successfully upgrade my production sarge box in place to etch, with plesk 8.1 running on it. Now have native php5 and mysql5, and using the 5 client libraries with plesk still functional.

The key to upgrade seems to be mostly installing a 2.6 kernel, and getting the initrd tools early, before attempting a dist-upgrade.

While etch is not officially supported with Plesk, it appears to be working with no problems.
 
we use mysql5, php5 and apache22 just fine with plesk8.1.1 on freebsd.
 
Back
Top