• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL Admin Account vanished???

K

knocx

This morning i had found one of our servers PLESK login returning error like ;

Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect. 0: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:66 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.")

i had tried to reset the password but i realized that there were no users named admin.

we had audit the server and couldnt find any compromise signatures.

This is also interesting that if some one can found a way of priviledged access yo MySQL why on eath he would delete the user admin? Since after deletion he would not be able to access any mySQL relevant sources like PLESK , he could have logged in with this password...,

Since this is an interesting problem and i had read similar post on the forum i wanted to share my experiences with you

Any ideas comments are appreciated :)

-- knocx

Originally posted by knocx
This is also interesting that if some one can found a way of priviledged access yo MySQL why on eath he would delete the user admin? Since after deletion he would not be able to access any mySQL relevant sources like PLESK , he could have logged in with this password...
But if someone did already break in, if they wanted information, they probably already got it, then deleted the admin account to wreak havok on your server, and of course your hosted domains.

i dont know .... i noticed 4-5 posts similar to ours, they also dont report any attack signatures.

Back