• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can't login with MySQL user "local_mysql_root".

Erico Morais

New Pleskian
Hy!

We had an issue earlier today that led to a failure in our SiteBuilder, which was rendered unavailable for our customers. So we decided to remove SiteBuilder and then install it again but we're now facing the following error during the installation:

"Access denied for user 'local_mysql_root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

This "local_mysql_root" user is properly created in our MySQL Server (the one where the customer's DBs are stored) and it features global privileges including Grant, so I assume this issue is strictly related to its password.

I can't seem to find much about this user online, how can I see what password Plesk is trying to log in with? I guess a simple password reset for that MySQL user would do it but, since this isn't Plesk's "admin" user, I assume its password can't be reset from "plesk sbin psadb".

Here's the full output:

Code:
Installation started in background
Determinando os pacotes que precisam ser instalados.
Baixando arquivo SITEBUILDER-WIN_17.8.12/dist-windows/sitebuilder-core.msi: completado.
Baixando arquivo SITEBUILDER-WIN_17.8.12/dist-windows/sitebuilder-headers.msi: completado.
Baixando arquivo SITEBUILDER-WIN_17.8.12/dist-windows/sitebuilder-presets.msi: 0%
Baixando arquivo SITEBUILDER-WIN_17.8.12/dist-windows/sitebuilder-presets.msi: 100% foi concluído.
Instalando pacotes
Installing Web Presence Builder Core...
MSI: Error! Critical action 'Create Web Presence Builder database...' failed:
Command "D:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\admin\bin\local_mysql_helper.exe" --create-database-and-user -database sitebuilder5 -database-user sitebuilder -database-user-password * failed with code 1. Output: mysqlmng failed: Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'local_mysql_root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
at (MySQLDatabaseProvider::connect line 416)
at execute console command --exist-user(vconsoleapp::start line 93)
at execute "D:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\admin\bin\mysqlmng" --exist-user "--user-login=sitebuilder"(vconsoleapp::run line 110)
(Error code 1)

at (CmdAction::Commit line 391)
at Execute action Create Web Presence Builder database...(executeList line 268)
Failed to install 'C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\SITEBUILDER-WIN_17.8.12\dist-windows\sitebuilder-core.msi': Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603)
Error: The installation of the package 'sitebuilder-core' failed with code 1603. (install: Installing Web Presence Builder Core...)

Thanks!

Usually, this issue related to incorrect MySQL port is specified in the MySQL configuration file.
  1. Open the file %plesk_dir%Databases\MySQL51\my.ini in any text editor.
  2. Change the port to 3306.
  3. Save the changes and close the file.
  4. Rerun Plesk upgrade.

Thanks! But as you can see attached, port 3306 is already declared in the "mysqld" block. Windows Resource Monitor attests that the mysqld.exe process is indeed listening on port 3306 bound to "ipv4 unspecified".

Not sure if this may be related but our datadir is running off of a different partition (F:) as the underlying storage there is much faster storage. The customer's DBs are running fine.

Attachments

• 0.png
    0.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 1
In case someone comes accross this topic in the future, I ended up submiting a support ticket and they solved it by recommending the following command:

Code:
"%plesk_bin%\mysqlmng.exe" --add-local-super-user

Thanks!

Back