• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL Backups on Windows

Mr Fett

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

I've searched all over the web, this forum and the manual and can't find a definitive answer as to how MySQL (or IF) is backed up by Plesk. The Scheduled Plesk Backup doesn't seem to do it, MySQL doesn't seem to backup any databases other than the Horde, Plesk, etc. ones (no Subscription or user databases).

The Backups folder I have specified has all sorted of backup data, XML files, ZIP files for email data and some even have 'databases' folders but none of those contain anything.

For SQL Server I have simply scheduled my own backups directly but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this with MySQL *on windows* for all currrent (and future added) databases (it looks fairly straight forward with Linux).

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

Login to Plesk
Click Server on the left panel >> Click Scheduled Tasks >> Select the Root user >> Add New Task

Minute: 01 ( this means 01 minutes past the hour)
Hour: 02 (This means 02:00 AM)
Day of Month: * (This means every day)
Month: * (This means every Month)
Day of the Week : * ( This means every day)

Then for the command:

mysqldump --user=admin --password=youradminpassword --all-databases > /backup/mysqlall-`/bin/date +\%Y\%m\%d`.sql

That's for the database backup - This backs up ALL MySQL databases - for every website.

Back