1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mysql - connecting with admin user

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by MassimilianoM, Sep 12, 2011.

1. MassimilianoM

MassimilianoM Guest

Hi all,
    I've enabled access to the admin user to manage all the databases of our hosting in Plesk.
    I was wondering if there are permission problems if I connect with the admin user rather than the users created for the single databases in plesk gui.

Thank you,
    Max

2. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    Max,

If you are logged into Plesk as the "admin" user then you can browse to the "Database Servers" section on the home screen, and access the phpMyAdmin interface at the admin level.

You shouldnt have any issues managing tables from the databases, it shouldn't cause you any permissions issues. The only thing to be sure of is that you don't change anything in the "mysql" or "psa" databases.

Paul

3. MassimilianoM

MassimilianoM Guest

Thank you very much Paul! :)