1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MySQL Could Not Start - Installation Error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Scifience, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Scifience

Scifience Guest

I am trying to install Plesk 8.0.1 on a FreeBSD 6.0 VPS. The autoinstaller refuses to work at all, claiming that there is no available disk space (not true).

The network installer seems to work, until it gets to the point where it starts MySQL. It fails at this point.

Below is the installer log file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. kerm1t

kerm1t Guest

Sorry can't help with the MySQL problem, but regarding disk space ...

I seem to remember that the Plesk installer uses temp space in /opt. It may be that your disk is partitioned with plenty of space in /var and /usr, but not much for /. In the past, I've just symlinked /opt to /var/opt to keep the autoinstaller happy.