• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved MySQL - Enable 4 Byte Support

Papalapappi

New Pleskian
As i got a Nextcloud instance running and since Version 15 NC is given me the following Advice to suport emojis in chat and so:

Enabling MySQL 4-byte support — Nextcloud 15 Administration Manual 15 documentation

i wonder how can i make it work. i dont know much about mysql and mainly use my server for other things, but maybe someone can help me to make it work. so where can i set the settings published in the docs or where in plesk?

thanks in advance

Pappi

Whether UTF-8 4-byte-support is available or not depends on the version of your MySQL server. For example if you have MariaDB 10.1 configured, it is supported by default and does not need additional configuration efforts.

I recall a case where a customer using Nextcloud had a similar question. It seems that Nextcloud shows UTF-8 4-byte-support as unavailable although the database does support it. At the same time when the customer insisted that it does not work I could easily create a table in his database with this character set and store data to and read data from it. Maybe you should open phpMyAdmin and simply try it out.

Whether UTF-8 4-byte-support is available or not depends on the version of your MySQL server. For example if you have MariaDB 10.1 configured, it is supported by default and does not need additional configuration efforts.

You’re totally right! (I forgot about this thread, it’s solved) all I had to do is to convert DB with the NC occ tool. And then it just works. I’m using MariaDB and it is, like you said, supported as default.

You’re totally right! (I forgot about this thread, it’s solved) all I had to do is to convert DB with the NC occ tool. And then it just works. I’m using MariaDB and it is, like you said, supported as default.
Sorry, for openting this old Case, but what have you done in the OCC Tool to Convert the DB

Back