1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

mysql issues.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by nate2005, Jul 21, 2005.

1. nate2005

nate2005 Guest

hi,

i recently purchased dedicated hosting and didnt realise that plesk came with mysql installed, so i upgraded mysql on the server via ports.

I am running
    FreeBSD towerstimes.co.uk 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Fri Nov 5 04:19:18 UTC 2004 root@harlow.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

I am getting the following error server side:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

and http side :

ERROR: Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) 0: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:67 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)")

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nate