• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL Migration Problem!!! HELP!

T

toadsteraz

I had a server with Go Daddy and did a migration with a new server we bought with Bocacom.com. The migration worked great and everything transferred.

However when I tested out my transferred webpages I noticed that my sites that use databases using MySQL are no longer working. I see the databases in Plesk 8.0, they are still populated and have user names and password however when you go to use a messagesboard or calendar or anything that involves MySQL I just get a blank screen. I also tried installing a new php program as a test and noticed that it won't even load either. Is there something I need ot do to get it activated? PLEASE HELP!!!

I have the same problem.
It seems that the passwords of the databases are not transfered corectly.
I tranfer the password manually and it works.

Thank YOU!

How can I fix this. I'm good with computers and understand how to use plesk and all that, curious as to what password I need to change? I also have things now like the webmail that don't work (HORDE). For example webmail.azroundup.com gives an error.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Todd

I'm not sure how to fix your problem, but the reason you are getting a blank screen might be because PHP error reporting is turned off (for security reasons). If you could see the error messages then it might help you fix the problem. Check the Apache error log file, the PHP errors should be in there.

If not, check the log_errors and error_reporting settings in your php.ini file. The display_errors setting controls whether error messages are outputted to the client - if you turn this on, best to turn it off again when you are finished.

Back