• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL not loaded

bigblue

Basic Pleskian
Hi.. I'm running a Joomla 1.5.14 install on Apache which requires 'display errors' turned off. I did this via etc/php5/apache2/php.ini by setting display errors to Off and setting log errors to On. I restarted Apache and now MySQL has disappeared and I get 'Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:The MySQL adapter "mysql" is not available' when I browse to my Joomla site?
I still have the database showing within the domain with all tables intact.. but browsing www.mydomain/phpinfo.php shows no MySQL at all. Does anyone have any idea what may have happened and how I can get MySQL back?
Thx

resolved

Well, not 1 reply - and I thought this would be the one place where someone would be able to assist!

Not to worry.. I took the easy way out and backed up everything, re-installed my vps and restored everything - re-checked /phpinfo.php and MySQL is now running again thankfully.

Thx

Log in the console, check the running processes to see if mysql is running, try to connect it through console, post some logs. Then maybe we can help.

Back