• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL Problem on 2nd Domain

L

llchrisll

Hello guys,

I will try to explain my situation as best as i can:

The MySQL Server, I use, isn't the one from Plesk, it's an MySQL 5.0.67 Server which I have installed extra on my server manually.

Before I figured it out how to add a second domain to Plesk, the MySQL Server worked fine.
But after I added the second one and and tried to install an PHP Website Programm called Joomla!, but the Installer tells me "Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL". On the other side the second domain which is connected to the same MySQL Server works fine.

I tried already everything I came up with.... like remaking the domain,... but wasn't the solution either.
So I tried to remove the "Database Server" setting at the Server Section, which I had make to solve this problem as well.

I added there the server I'm using on and he accepted it as well. I even tried to add and use databases there, but failed as well.

Now I wanna know how to solve this problem, I hope you can help me.

Best regards,
llchrisll

Note: If you need some more information, please tell me as well.

Back