• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mysql Problem

H

hostshelter

Hi everybody,
I'm using plesk 7.5.2 under RedHat el3. The problem is a follow: A week ago a domain hosted on my server creates a mysql database with no problem. Minutes later he tried to change the user name to admin. Plesk complained that such user already exists. Some how after that the whole plesk control panel came to halt.

That client called me and describes the problem to me. Me as administrator I was lock out plesk and with not privileges on mysql database.

The admin user from the mysql database was COMPLETELY removed and I can't access mysql because I no longer have root privileges.

I would like to know if someone has been gone through this before. I would appreciate any comment.

Miguel

Can you SSH to the server and try and access MySQL from the command line? then you could directly query the plesk DB table and see if the admin user still exists.

Restore the DB from a backup?

Hi eWebtricity,
Thanks for your response.

Yes I can SSH to the server. I also can connect to MYSQL server and the admin user was created again. The problem is mysql table of MYSQL server can not be access, I don't have any privileges on that table anymore. It seems to be damage.

I can't create new databases but the ones created already work fine.

Is there any way I can fix mysql table of MYSQL without trying to install MYSQL again.

Thanks
Hostshelter

same problem here, if you have the app-vault that still allows new mysql databases, other then that its a no go for other scripts, i just hope someone has a fix for this as soon as possible as its looking like more and more are having the same problem.

I have the same problem here. Did anybody kick swsoft already?

Originally posted by hostshelter
Hi eWebtricity,
Is there any way I can fix mysql table of MYSQL without trying to install MYSQL again.

If you have root access to the shell, you can reset the password to MySql:

1 - stop mysql (/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld stop)
2 - start mysql with this command:
/usr/bin/safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables&

Now - you can log in as root with no password, and can access the mysql database. You can put the password for admin back in, or reset it to the Plesk admin password using SQL commands.

Originally posted by jimroe
If you have root access to the shell, you can reset the password to MySql:

1 - stop mysql (/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld stop)
2 - start mysql with this command:
/usr/bin/safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables&

Now - you can log in as root with no password, and can access the mysql database. You can put the password for admin back in, or reset it to the Plesk admin password using SQL commands.

what do you mean about the password

could you explain that step by step please ?

Back