• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mysql service restart

S

Subtuppel

Hello there,

for some reason i cannot fix at this point, mysql crashes almost every night, the reason seems to be "Operating system error number 6 in a file operation". If i try to restart mysql via script with "C:\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL51\bin\mysqld.exe" that seems not to have any effect.
how do i restart plesks mysql services as task to avoid using the GUI for that, does anyone know?

thanks in advance
S.

since mysql is started as a service you can try with:

net stop mysql

and then start it

net start mysql

Since you have problems during the night I suppose statistics process is executed at the time when you have problems with your services. I also had the same problem and the main cause for this was broken file system.
If you are using Plesk inside virtuozzo container I suggest you to stop your container and check file system for errors.

if that doesn`t help try defragmenting your container.

EDIT:

you can find command prompt commands here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/111289

Last edited:
thanks for your answer!

will help me a lot as i am not used to run windows servers, i was unsure about that mysql error as a search for it ended up with lots of complaints suggesting it was a bug.

Back