• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mysql Update ?

B

bartje3

Hi,

Here a quote from the 7.5.3 beta page:
http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/plesk75reloaded/beta

---------------------------------------------------------
Additional features in Plesk 7.5.3:

MySQL 4 support (tested on version 4.1.7 and lower)
---------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone tested to upgrade mysql to 4.1.7 ???

Regards,
Bart

Yes, I'm running MySQL 4.1.11 and its working greating. I haven't had any troubles at all yet.

Does anyone have a How To on this? I am running Red Hat Enterprise 3 ES.

Regards
Dustin

We're still nailing down some issues with 4.1 on PSA, once we're satisfied that we've got a Mysql 4.1 rpm that runs safely on a PSA box we'll add it to the archive. Stay tuned!

Hi Scott,

I have installed the mysql 4.1 from your 3es unstable repository, on my local testing FC2 - Plesk 7.5.3 and so far is running without any problems !

Bart

Bart,

I would love to know how you did that. We installed it and now apache will not run and in plesk it says MySQL is not installed.

We put on 4.1.12.

Regards
Dustin

Why not use the mysql.com RPM's scott? I know you didn't like the init script, but are there any other reasons you're not a fan now it's officially supported by plesk?

I have a couple of issues with the mysql.com rpms:

1) It breaks older versions of PSA (SSL keyword issues
2) It is not LSB compliant (its close though), but the init script amongst other things are wrong
3) -Max shouldnt be separate from the server package
4) You really need a mysql-compat (mysql3 libs) in the mix so you dont break other apps built against mysql3.
5) Triggers! They dont have any :p I use triggers to speed up integration. For example you'd use a trigger to say if psa is detected, and you're upgrading from mysql 3, run mysql_fix_priv_tables. Things like that.

sorry, but finnaly, what should i do do update my Red Hat enterprise 3.0Es Linux with Plesk 7.5.3 to latest mysql server's version ?

[root@www1 root]# rpm -qa mysql-server
mysql-server-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1

Thanks

Back