All looks good but the last step does not want to complete:
7. Upgrade MySQL databases:
# MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql_upgrade -uadmin​

This is the message I get when trying to run this command:
sudo MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql_upgrade -uadmin
cat: /etc/psa/.psa.shadow: Permission denied
Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
Error: Failed while fetching Server version! Could be due to unauthorized access.
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed​

Hi Stephan Griesel,

pls. note, that the given example command contains several commands, while your "sudo" only covers one of them. ;) If you desire to use "sudo" ( even that you should be logged in as user "root", which makes the usage obsolete ), then pls. use a different example command, as for example:

Code:
MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql_upgrade -uadmin | sudo -s

Ah didnt see the 2 commands. Root user disabled, this user is in the root group. When I run the command without sudo it is not working. Also tried the command as suggested. Please see message below:
sudo] password for stephangriesel: cat: /etc/psa/.psa.shadow: Permission denied
Error: Failed while fetching Server version! Could be due to unauthorized access.
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed​

Hi Stephan Griesel,

I am not sure, why you don't enable "root" - access for this MySQL - upgrade... but o.k.:

Pls. use the command:
Code:
mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p
... where another prompt asks you to put in the password ( which is ENCRYPTED ) for the user "admin". If the user "stephangriesel" has sufficient rights, then it should be possible to use
Code:
cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
... to display the encrypted password on your command line, BEFORE you use the "mysql_upgrade" - command. ;) ( something like: "$AES-128-....." )

Back