• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL Users and Multiple databases

P

Patrick Robin

I've only just started using Plesk and I was wandering if anyone could answer a question for me. It seems that when using Plesk you are forced in to a one to many relationship between MySQL databases and database users.

I created a new database and database user. I then wanted to create a second database and grant permissions on it to the existing user but this doesn't seem possible through Plesk?

Also is it not possible to assign users pre-defined roles such as dbo, dba and dbr through Plesk?

If this isn't possible through Plesk can anyone recommend a decent, and easy to use MySQL database administration tool?

One way to do it

I was able to accomplish this by logging in as the main admin, going into Server/DB Server/Datbases tab and then click on "DB WebAdmin" in Plesk 8.0, which opened up phpMyAdmin with Privleges functionality.

Clicked on the Privleges tab in phpMyAdmin to link the one user to multiple DBs.

Not an ideal solution but it worked.

Back