• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL4 and MySQL5 simultaneously for customers

amarce

Basic Pleskian
Hi Sergius,

I would like to ask you one question (Now is one new thread, sorry for the another thread off-topic).

We want to give our customers tha ability to choose between MySQL4 and MySQL5; is there any chance to get the file /domains/databases/db_add.php unencrypted to make the dropdown menu visible to all users and not only to administrator user (Or get one version that is this implemented)?

Many thanks and regards.

Hello amarce,

How you suppose to upgrade Plesk with custom php-module?

Gentlemen,

Does somebody wish to have such functionality?

Sergius,

this would be a nice to have feature, but would not be a prio 1 feature for us.
As we use central DNS anyway, we could easily set up a second MySQL-Server with Version4 and the customers could choose freely between both versions... ;)

Hi Sergius,

We are using plesk 8.2 with debian 4.

In this setup, we've installed PHP 5.2.3-0.dotdeb.1 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli) which has perfect support for MySQL5 and it works perfectly with MySQL4 also.

We have used the KB article #1762 (http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1762) but using another debian repository (Not the official one beacuse MySQL5 is not working whith PHP5).

Thanks and regards,

Originally posted by amarce
Hi Sergius,

In this setup, we've installed PHP 5.2.3-0.dotdeb.1 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli) which has perfect support for MySQL5 and it works perfectly with MySQL4 also.

We have used the KB article #1762 (http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1762) but using another debian repository (Not the official one beacuse MySQL5 is not working whith PHP5).

Thanks and regards,

Hello amarce,

I'm little confused. This is Plesk for Windows forum but not for *nix.

And it was question or suggestion or what?

Hi Sergius,

Our issue is that we have installed two MySQL clusters.

One running MySQL4 (mysql4.mydomain.com) and another running MySQL5 (mysql5.mydomain.com).

We have both clusters connected to plesk expand and assigned to all windows and linux plesk servers.

When we go through the create database page using admin account, we can select the MySQL Server which we want to use; but when we access using a customer account, the Database can only be created into the default database server.

The only thing that we would do is to remove the "if sentence" that prohibits the customer to select the database server.

Regards.

:) It is clear.

I didn't understand what about the following:

Originally posted by amarce
Hi Sergius,

Thanks and regards,

I loosed that I was in the Windows forum. Sorry :(

But, what do you think about enabling the mysql drop-list?

Regards

Perfect.

But in the meanwhile, is there any chance to get that file modified or get the source of that page?

Thanks

apparently not....

At any rate would this supposed added functionality allow you to run mysql3 and mysql4? It would be great if we could give our clients a choice of mysql - especially since some might be migrating from old mysql3 servers...

Back