• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mysql5

N

nveid

Will plesk 8.0 support mysql5? I recently switched to plesk and this is a major problem that plesk doesn't support mysql5, alot of apps I use require mysql5 now.

What would happen if you forced install MySQL 5?

What about PHP 5?

not a good idea if its anything like plesk reloaded.

It really doesn't like it, it'll corrupt the whole plesk installation.. many things will be unusable and you will have one hell of a time going back.. So unless they say they support mysql5 i recommend don't using it... php5 on the other hand, i don't see where that would be a problem. I think you can use either php4 or php5.

Originally posted by federal_reserve
What would happen if you forced install MySQL 5?

What about PHP 5?

you can do, but with a lot of recompliation.

I just spoke to a guy today that wanted to move 100 sites to me, but said forget it when I told him I don't support PHP5.

I can live without the fancy window dressing in P 8.

Can someone just tell me why Plesk continues to ship with PHP4. I can live with Qmail (barely) but using such old technology as PHP4 is a joke.

PSA actually does ship with php5, just in the internal httpsd daemon. The version of PHP that comes with your system from the vendor dictates what version you'll be using. SW-Soft doesnt actually have anything to do with it on the RPM based distros. That being said, if you're on CentOS4, RHEL4, or FC4, you have PHP5 and Mysql 4.1 by default.

If you're on older distros, you can get PHP5/5.1, and mysql 4.1 rpms from my archive.

If that's true what about putting my Debian system with PHP5.0 and MySQL5.0 mirrors sources, so that way I will be able to download them ? I'm already doing this (I just add to my sources.list some mirrors).

If this don't work, wich distribution come eqquiped with mysql5 and php5 so that way I will be able to have plesk8 working the way I want ?

Regars,

Kevin

On Debian you have to add DotDeb source to get PHP5/MySQL5. Be aware that MySQL 5 breaks Plesk.

As an idea, you might be able to setup a second external MySQL server 5.0?

Thanks,
Will Robertson

I'm also trying to isntall php5 on plesk8/debian 3.1. I added the dotdeb repos but when I do

psa:/# apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5

apt wants to uninstall all plesk packages.

How can I install the php5 module without killing plesk?

What about getting php5 installed (cleanly) on a FreeBSD psa installation?

Has anyone done this?

Originally posted by DiLDoG
I'm also trying to isntall php5 on plesk8/debian 3.1. I added the dotdeb repos but when I do

psa:/# apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5

apt wants to uninstall all plesk packages.

How can I install the php5 module without killing plesk?

i had the same problem, now i use php5.1 from dexter, no problems so fare....

# PHP5.1 for Debian sarge
deb http://people.debian.org/~dexter php5.1 sarge
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~dexter php5.1 sarge

Yeah I saw those too. But they are rather old and may contain security flaws.

I managed to install the packages from dotdeb.org by removing packagas manually using dpkg.

Plesk depands on apache2-mod-php4 OR apache2-mod-php5. So if you force remove php4, and install php5 everything is fine!

Interresting so I just had to add to my apt sources repository that contain PHP5 sources (dexter) and then remove PHP4 and after that installing PHP5 ?

If you could give more infos that would be appreciated !

with the dexter sources you don't need to remove php4 you can install both and chose witch modul you like to load in apache ...

i will take a look to the dotdeb source, they have much faster releases as the dexter sources...

... So if you force remove php4, and install php5 everything is fine! [/B]

it looks like dotdeb has no gettext package, does horde/imp work with the dotdeb sources ?

Originally posted by danliker
it looks like dotdeb has no gettext package, does horde/imp work with the dotdeb sources ?

yeah it work´s ... tested on 3 server

Back