1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

nameserver setup

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by dragon2611, Aug 27, 2004.

1. dragon2611

dragon2611 Guest

can someone tell me how to setup nameservers either in windows 2003 dns or in plesk i dont think i've done it correctly.

currently running hte 1 domain trail but once we get everything running ok we plan to buy a licence

:)

2. siren@

siren@ Guest

1. Create A Records in Plesk for the Nameservers under the domain.

i.e. ns.domain.com
    go to domain.com go to dns click a record enter ns and then the IP

2. REMOVE MICROSOFT DNS it will conflict with Plesk.

3. Register the nameservers at your registrar.

3. dragon2611

dragon2611 Guest

yeah lol it was no 2 that was the problem which i relised eventually

4. mrbister

mrbister Guest

I'm also running windows server 2003 and using the plesk trial (allowing one domain).

Not working for me although I've the following done until today's date:

-I've a domain parked at ev1server.net called: filbunken.com

-Created that domain in Plesk (filbunken.com)

-Added ns1.filbunken.com to the DNS option for filbunken.com domain in Plesk.

-Went to ev1servers.net control panel for my domain. Removed the default nameservers, added my server's IP-address and ns1.filbunken.com as nameserver.

Still no go.....

Can someone tell me what's wrong? IF problem's solved I'd be happy to pay for Plesk - since I do like it.

Regards,
    -Jonas