• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Nameservers

DjFarout

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I have 2 machines with Plesk, A Windows and another with CentOS. Well I want to start running some sort of redundent nameservers. I host our main site on the windows machine... do I simply add a dns entrie on the windows machine ns2.<domain> to point the linux box?

do I have to do anything to the linux box?

Do I have to then manually write out the dns info on both machines?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by DjFarout
Hi,
I have 2 machines with Plesk, A Windows and another with CentOS. Well I want to start running some sort of redundent nameservers. I host our main site on the windows machine... do I simply add a dns entrie on the windows machine ns2.<domain> to point the linux box?

do I have to do anything to the linux box?

Do I have to then manually write out the dns info on both machines?

Thanks in advance!
You could setup the CentOS box to be slave zones for the master Windows box zones.

In a nutshell: On the Windows box you would put the IP of the linux box in the ACL list, then do the initial creation of slave zones on the linux box. Then when changes are done on the WIndows 'master', notification should be sent to the defined 'slave' box which should then be automatically updated from the Windows box.

Don't forget to change the domain's defined nameservers at the registrar, to add the ns2.

Then yes, you would have to add an NS2 record to the Windows box for all domains hosted.

Back