• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need advise about killing Horde

R

rdavis

Hi folks,

As we all know, Horde is the default webmail system used in Plesk. (BARF)
I have squirrelmail installed on my Fedora server and have my squirrelmail working without a hitch. (sorta)

Here's the problem and I need a way to stop this from happening.
Anytime I make significant changes to domains...i.e. Adding, deleting and the like...I have noticed that Plesk updates a file in my /etc/httpd/conf.d directory called zz010_psa_httpd.conf

I modified this file by hand so that Horde was entirely replaced with squirrelmail. After performing a restart on my Apache webserver, it works like a charm. But god forbid I should have to add or remove a domain. It will rewrite that file with all the default Horde references in it again. I NEED THIS TO STOP! This is obviously something that Plesk is doing and there has to be some place I can modify something so that future domain adds or deletes will no longer revert this file back to the Horde settings. Listed below is the directive that Plesk keeps replacing with the Horde ****.

NOTE: This is MY change that I made that permits server-wide usage of squirrelmail for all domains as the default webmail client. And yes, when you type in webmail.tld.com it actually brings up squirrelmail and not Horde.

<VirtualHost \
208.109.197.33:80 \
>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/
Alias /squirrelmail/ /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/
ServerName webmail
ServerAlias webmail.*
UseCanonicalName Off
<Directory /usr/local/squirrelmail/www>
<IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
php_admin_flag engine on
php_admin_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
php_admin_flag safe_mode off
php_admin_value open_basedir "/usr/local/squirrelmail"
php_admin_value include_path "/usr/local/squirrelmail:/usr/local/squirrelmail/www:/usr/local/squirrelmail/data/:/usr/local/squirrelmail/temp/:."
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_admin_flag engine on
php_admin_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
php_admin_flag safe_mode off
php_admin_value open_basedir "/usr/local/squirrelmail"
php_admin_value include_path "/usr/local/squirrelmail:/usr/local/squirrelmail/www:/usr/local/squirrelmail/data/:/usr/local/squirrelmail/temp/:."
</IfModule>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated!
Thanks folks.

Back