• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need feedback about skins.

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
As you know there were a lot of requests about skins in Plesk 10.x version. You have requested possibility for creating and changing custom skins and now I want to discuss it with you. First of all I want to introduce our plans. Since 10.1 version you will be able to use only one skin for admin or reseller. Reseller's customers will have only one skin which will be installed by reseller. It will work with following scenario:

- By special CLI utility you will be able to create zip file with content of default skin.
- You can unpack and modify this skin as you want with help of special Guide which will be published.
- After that you can install modified skin with help of the same CLI utility.

You can't use skin installed by one reseller for other reseller due to copyright restrictions, for example.
So, I need your feedback regarding this question. Please share your opinion in this thread.
Thank you for cooperation!

That would be good. However, another control panel still allows you to change the theme, however the logo stays the same on any theme of the panel.

You can do it that way, becuase the client may want to match the control panel's look and feel to their site to keep a nice user experience going.

For example, I made a dark website and I would like to have a dark control panel to go with my dark website. But my hosting company would have a dark theme, but still have the hosting company's logo on it as a transperant png or something like that.

The logo would have guidelines on it and it could mold into the theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good:)
Only 1 available skin is not a problem i think. as long as i can customize this skin per reseller.
which skin will be shown for customers of reseller who dont set an own skin? plesk default? server-wide custom skin?
last one please!!

some wishes for upcoming releases:
will there be control-panel-gui skin management in upcoming versions?
is it possible to use variables in the template? for example when i use the same skin for all resellers but change some names and logos with plesk reseller user information, for example resellers name in plesk is Toms Hosting so i set {Resller_Name} in the temlate and it shows "Toms Hosting"

Sounds good:)
Only 1 available skin is not a problem i think. as long as i can customize this skin per reseller.
which skin will be shown for customers of reseller who dont set an own skin? plesk default? server-wide custom skin?
last one please!!

I think it will be default admin's skin which can be customized too.

some wishes for upcoming releases:
will there be control-panel-gui skin management in upcoming versions?
is it possible to use variables in the template? for example when i use the same skin for all resellers but change some names and logos with plesk reseller user information, for example resellers name in plesk is Toms Hosting so i set {Resller_Name} in the temlate and it shows "Toms Hosting"

I can't say now but I think that variables will be described in upcoming Skin Customization Guide.

I think it will be default admin's skin which can be customized too.

i think this is very important because many of my resellers use my default-customized-admin skin they dont have own skins. and i dont want to upload my company skin to every new reseller;)

thanks IgorG:)

I still think my solution would be best for the site owners.

I still think my solution would be best for the site owners.

as i understand igorG what you want will be possible.
just create a new reseller for this customer and customize this resellers skin. your "dark" website will then have the custom dark skin.
but i think there are not realy much website owners doing this. control panel is a thing just a few people have access too and most website owners dont wanna customize it. resellers wanna do this and this will be possible :) thats great:)

Right. Website owners will not have permissions for skin customization.

Right. Website owners will not have permissions for skin customization.

Ok I was thinking along the lines of how cpanel does it. The hosting client has the ability to change themes in most open-ended hosting subscriptions.

As you can see in the screenshot there is the option on the client end to change style. I have this style chosen because it matches a site of mine more. It gives a good experience for the client.

WHM has themes too, but on my server it's not enabled currently.

Attachments

• 2011-01-26 - 01-06-17.png
    2011-01-26 - 01-06-17.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 60

- By special CLI utility you will be able to create zip file with content of default skin.
- You can unpack and modify this skin as you want with help of special Guide which will be published.
- After that you can install modified skin with help of the same CLI utility.

when you will publish this feature ?!

yes thats true:(
maybe you should provide a link after a successful plesk update to a page that concludes the changes and link to relevant documentation parts for new features

I just wanna say thanks Parallels! :)

Many things your customers mentioned in this forums about interface and control improvements are fixed with newest micro updates.
It feels good that there are people in the Parallels team who like to discuss with the community :)

I am also much appreciative of ||parallels for taking in our comments and making real changes. many thanks ||

Back