• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need feedback about skins.

Why is my 10.1.1 Skin completly destroyed in 10.3.1? Do i have to write a new skin for every plesk version now? damn.... is there any document what was changes in the skins so i can update my skin?

omg completly new css file strukcture.... congrats plesk thats fun :(

question: why is there no custom.css for top and left frame in 10.3?
there is now just left.css and top.css included. where to place my custom files for this frames?

lhwparis,

The main complexity in that now there is optimization process of skin structure. As you should notice there were dramatically decreased number of files and directories. This optimization process will be sometime finished and you will get uniform skin structure for all next Plesk versions.

Answer: add your customization code directly to the end of left.css and top.css files.

thx IgorG,
I know a optimization for Plesk skins is needed because there are files from very old plesk versions included and i am happy that you are doing this step and working with modern techniques now. but its very painful to rework a template for every minor plesk release to get it working again. cant you do that skin rework in less but bigger steps instead of doing a little bit in every release?

my custom code in left.css and top.css is not what i want. why is there no custom.css in this frames?
the main advantage of this custom.css is that i dont have to touch your skin files. when a new plesk version is released i can download your default_skin replace all custom.css files and upload it again and it should work again without editing some files again and again.

suggestion:

it seems to be very difficult to implement a solution for control visibility that meets all developers needs (see discussion about tab "users").

Therefore I suggest some css style like <body class="role[ID]*"> in the customers-control-panels body tag.

This would enable developers/admins to set up skins with different Element/Control Visibility for every role. It should be easy to implement.

I know, its not a real fix but it would enable admins/developers to set up workarounds! ...and I really would like to hide some elements for some users, but not all users and even not the admin!

Skin

lhwparis: I am for sure looking forward to your white skin for 10.4, i loved that skin.

Kind regards
Magnus

Error

When I put this command branding_theme -p -destination <path/filename.zip> in ssh I get this error: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'

In "destination" I have tried my IP(192.168.1.2), or user@IP in "path" I put the path in my computer where I would like it to be moved .ie User/noemon/sites/plesk/plesktheme or simply filename.zip
Can someone help out a newbie?

Also the end result that I am trying to achieve is to change the theme so that it looks similar to my website: noemon.net and since we are at it, does anyone know how is it possible to integrate the store into website? .ie how can click buy standard plan in my website and activate the selection in the store, or some other method?

Regards.

Back