• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Need Help please Delete Server whois

ostholsteiner

New Pleskian
Hello. I'm new here.
I'm looking for help because I can't get the whois entries changed. I have created name servers in the provider's server settings, but I don't know how to enter them correctly into the domain entries at the domain host. The reason for my plan is to remove the whois of the predecessor, otherwise Telekom will block my server for mailing.
But I've never done that before. Sorry for my bad English. I'm translating German into English using Google con

I am not a professional in bash application
thank you for your efforts

ostholsteiner

That will be a question for your domain vendor's support.
thanks for the reply. Now I can do my domain entries myself with the domain host, but I'm not sure whether they are right. At 188.138.41.90 - bgp.he.net there is a false host address. It should be different. Now my question of how the entry in as a PTR has to look _
Now I have the entry following:
Name 188.138.41.90 - 400 PTR - - 90.41.138.188.in-addr.arpa.
Next entry ist 90.41.138.188.in-addr.arpa - 400 PTR- mail.cs-server4.de.
I created a name server for the serverhoster, but I don't know how to enter it in the domain host.
Is that under the name server selection instead of domain prvovider the name server from the server provider ??? How is that entered in domain hosting, i.e. below: Ns ns5.nameser.de.tld -/- ns ns6.nameser.de. I hope that I can make myself understandable, despite Google translation 188.138.41.90 - bgp.he.net is therefore wrong. With another server from me it is really 85.25.177.53 - bgp.he.net. thank you for the effort and yout help

Hello and welcome! No worries about your English. To update WHOIS entries, focus on your domain host. Navigate to your domain settings, locate WHOIS or DNS management, and input your newly created name servers. For detailed guidance, check your host's support or documentation. This should help prevent Telekom blocking. If you encounter issues, feel free to ask.

Back