• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need Help Restoring!!!

D

daklay

I recently had to uninstall my domain, and reinstall it because there was no way I could configure the domain (it just didn't wanna go)
But, before I did, I backed it up, and it's still on the server. But when I try to restore it, it says theres no backups.
Now, I know its there, cause I'm seeing it using SSH.

My question is, how to I restore it?

The dump is currently at.....

/var/lib/psa/dumps/1/1/AAAadultartistsacademy.com_2006.08.06_00-00-03

I'm not really good at ssh, so if there is a command, could someone make it ready? (Like, put in the info for me)

1. Make a backup fo the domain you want to restore using the backup manager in the Plesk Domain Control Panel (backup locally, not to an FTP site).

2. Log via SSH and search for the backup file that Plesk just made.

3. Copy your backup file that you want to restore ( /var/lib/psa/dumps/1/1/AAAadultartistsacademy.com_2006.08.06_00-00-03 ) to the same directory that the backup file in step one was made.

4. Now, when you go to backup manage in the Plesk control panel, both backup files should be visible. Select the one you want to restore.

so why plesk couldn't "see" the first backup ??

we update plesk from 7.5 to 8 and no backups are visible through plesk backup manager !

The location that Plesk stores backup files on the server is different for Plesk 8 than it was for Plesk 7.5

Plus, Plesk 8 does not have a way to upload files from an FTP site in the control panel like Plesk 7.5.4 did (I hope this is just a bug and will be fixed in a later release. ).

Yes its true. Like always i just did some backups on Plesk 8 to an FTP. For my wonder on plesk 8.01 you cant restore backups from FTP. You could on 7.5

So if this is not a bug, then Plesk 8.01 is the most stupid software i ever saw on my file. When i go to restore im suppose to upload a 1 GB file via my browser?? crazy guys at SW soft. Why do you let to backup to a FTP not to restore from one?

Back