• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need PSA database checklist please

M

MikeConoo

My upgrade from 10.1.0 to 10.3.1 didn't go smoothly, I ended up with Plesk Panel throwing errors, which related to missing fields on my PSA database.

I've already added 4 columns that were missing to work around several errors.

Is there somewhere on Parallels or the NET where I could obtained a database schematic showing the tables and fields, to help manually correct my PSA database?

Wish I could assist you more but maybe you should consider throwing up a cloud server where you pay per the hour such as Rackspace, do a base install of Plesk, and then export the PSA database from a clean install to compare?

I'm not sure that manual correction psa database after failed upgrade is good idea. You can correct database but vhosts structure and configs remains from previous version, for example.
I suggest you fix upgrade with bootstrapper repair after reading autoinstaller logs in /tmp and fixing problem. In that case database will be upgraded correctly.

Hi IgorG,

Last part of autoinstaller files states:

File downloading SiteBuilder/SiteBuilder_4.5.0/sitebuilder-4.5.0-cos5-x86_64.inf3: 10%..21%..30%..41%..50%..60%..71%..80%..91%..100% was finished.
DEBUG: web server PID=745 was stopped.
FileFetcher: get file (~empty)/PSA_10.3.1/plesk-10.3.1-cos5-x86_64.inf3
FileFetcher: get file (~empty)/SITEBUILDER_10.3.0/sitebuilder-10.3.0-rhall-all.inf3
FileFetcher: get file (~empty)/BILLING_10.3.0/billing-10.3.0-rhall-all.inf3
FileFetcher: get file (~empty)/MYSQL_5.5/mysql-5.5-rhel5-x86_64.inf3
FileFetcher: get file (~empty)/APACHE_2.2.19/apache-2.2.19-rh5-x86_64.inf3
Parallels Products Installer was closed because of a long period of inactivity.

Can't see an error as such, just that it stopped running? I assume it hadn't finished a complete update as my Updater states I still have component updates available, although it won't allow me to install them. Simply states "They're already installed".

I read a post somewhere about 'bootstrapper', value your guidance on how I go about using this to repair my Plesk Panel 10.3.1?

Thanks

Mike

Ran "bootstrapper.sh repair" and it failed

Hi IgorG,

After running the "bootstrapper.sh repair" it failed, stating in the plesk_10.3.0_installation.log file following:

===> Installing phpMyAdmin
Trying to create pmadb... done
done
===> Installing /usr/sbin/suexec replacement
Trying to backup original /usr/sbin/suexec... done
`/usr/local/psa/suexec/psa-suexec' -> `/usr/sbin/suexec'
Trying to set up APS controller database... Attempting to check APS db connection via ODBC, using /usr/bin/isql (empty output is good)
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
Failed, rc = 1.
Failed to establish test connection. Cleaning up.

ERROR while trying to establish test connection to APS database via ODBC
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.3.0_installation.log), fix and try again

===> Restoring database from backup /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.10.11.0-10.12.0.20110809-211053.dump.gz

**** Product repair failed.

***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to establish test connection to APS database via ODBC
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.3.0_installation.log), fix and try again
STOP Bootstrapper 10.12.0 repair AT Tue Aug 9 21:11:38 GMT 2011

Result was that all my websites homepages were replaced with an Apache2 Test Page.
This happened last week when I'd run the Updater from Plesk, and I contacted our supplier 1&1 who ran a command (not sure what it was?) to reconfigure apache to serve homepages correctly.

I seem to recall the Updater throwing up the same error message a week ago too?

Value the Parallels Community support on this.

Regards

Mike

Thanks!

Thanks IgorG for your support so far.

I value this forum for keeping me sane, and appreciate the need to avoid too much repitition on here.

I did a brief search for "bootstrapper", didn't think to search on "autoinstaller".

Thanks for the link.

Ran bootstrapper.sh and it failed with connection to APS.
Commented out #skip-networking in /etc/my.cnf as mentioned in forum post, restarted mysql.

Re-ran bootstrapper repair and installer choked on fields I manually added to PSA table myself.
Removed the fields I added, and re-ran again.

Ran successfully.

Back