• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need to allow clients on subdomain to manage their email forwrding

BoydBC

New Pleskian
HI, I would like to know if it is possible to allow customers on Plesk Panel to update the email address to which their emails are forwarded without giving access to the Panel. The thing is that we have a client who has a website with us and that client has lots of ATV clubs that they want to each give a email address to. They don't want to have to edit the email forwards each time a club Director changes and they want to be able to give them the opportunity to change it themselves without giving them access to their Plesk control panel.

I can do the programming, but only if this is possible with Plesk API and I would need to know the way to be able to edit the email forwards already present in Plesk.

Another way that I could do it if possible would be to keep the forwards in a database and run a script server-side when emails to that particular domain are received, but when and where to call it is the question.

We built our own CMS in PHP and it would be nice if we could add this feature into our CMS for future clients. Also if possible a way to create new emails and manage them emails using the CMS provided instead of doing it via Plesk. Doing it via Plesk is not a problem when there is only one user assigned at creating emails, but when there are multiple users logging into Plesk panel, we don't want them to only have access to their respective email (is that possible?).

Please help me, our client is waiting on our answer on this issue.

/**** EDIT ****/ Sorry for the double post, I thought my other post was deleted. But I think this one describes best what I need.

Last edited:
Probably possible with the API, but how do we figure out the site id when we have over 200 sites on the server?

HI, I would like to know if it is possible to allow customers on Plesk Panel to update the email address to which their emails are forwarded without giving access to the Panel.

Read again this sentence you wrote. Short answer is "NO".

We built our own CMS in PHP and it would be nice if we could add this feature into our CMS for future clients. Also if possible a way to create new emails and manage them emails using the CMS provided instead of doing it via Plesk. Doing it via Plesk is not a problem when there is only one user assigned at creating emails, ...

Good luck on this one, you know what Plesk is....it is not some plugin/component to integrate within a CMS.

... but when there are multiple users logging into Plesk panel, we don't want them to only have access to their respective email (is that possible?).

That is also not possible, even though if you give user permission to only manage emails, you can't limit him to see/manage only his mail.

I'm guessing you need to build new Plesk to have this custom needs...

Well then would it at least be possible using the API? I know there is a way to create and update emails using the API, but how do I figure out the domain id?

You can find your domain ID when you enter user panel -> click "Websites & Domains" -> scroll down, click on domain name and check URL - you will see the address like this:
https://<YOUR_HOSTNAME>:8443/smb/web/settings/id/26
- this id in example, 26 is your domain ID

Thank you for your reply Mislav0. One last question for you, do you know the way to post the XML we generate to the Plesk API in order to create or update email addresses?

Back