• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mail delivery status notifications not forwarded

fcnjd

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58.2
Hey all,
I'm pretty new to Plesk since I'm normally used to configure things in the command line. Teherfore, I ran into some trouble with our email setup:
I've configured an email account which has a postbox and roundcube webmail access, but also forwards to 8 mail addresses. Problem is: Postfix sent out several mail delivery failure notifications back to that address, as some recipients couldn't be reached due to an IP blacklist. However, these notifications weren't forwarded to the 8 mail addresses specified, they only remain in the IMAP postbox.
So now my question: How to enable forwarding for these notifications to the given addresses? This would be essential, as not everyone checks the server logs but we need to be aware of when we don't reach a certain address.
Any help would be appreciated.
Best regards, Julian

Hello,
thank you for your reply. However: That is expected per default, OK. But how to change this away from the default, so that the undeliverable NDR messages also get forwarded? This would be truely important, as the inbox itself is never checked by us, however we already had several mail failures that we therefore weren't even aware of. I'm sure there must be a way to change this setting.H

Back