• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Network interface for virtual addresses?

A

admin123

Anybody know how to find out the "Network interface for virtual addresses" of my Linux 9.0 install?
I've got an application which cannot detect it automatically and it asks that I manually enter it.

Thanks!

1. You can manually check the ifcfg files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts folder.

2. You can run the 'neat' module from the command line, it will bring up the GUI

3. If you are running Gnome, go to System Settings, Network (same as running neat)

If you have a single Ethernet LAN/NIC, then it will (or should) be eth0 for the first IP.

i have a server with 2 onboard nic and 2 other nic on a dual pci network card..

how can i force eth0 and eth1 to be the onboard card and eth2 and eth3 to be the pci ones ?

thanks

Generally due to PCI bus numbering, the onboard ones are *usually* eth0/eth1after installing an OS. However, not all board mfg's do it the same, so if yours are not eth0/eth1, then another other way would be to install the OS with only the onboard LANs (remove the plug-in dual adapter), then they will be eth0/eth1.

If you don't want to re-install the OS fresh for whatever reason, then depending on exact OS, you may be able to reconfigure them 'in-situ'. For RH9, the conf files are kept in
/etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts

Back