• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue new created mail account, with full password length (255), not automatically inserted into authentication database

fanke

New Pleskian
Whenever I create a new mailaccount via GUI, with full password length (255 upper, lower, digits, specials !@#$%^&*?~ ) on my Plesk Obsidian (18.0.36) !OR! Plesk Onyx (17.8.11) the account is created without adding it automatically to the authentication database (/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_view).

So if I try to connect I get the errormessage (/var/log/maillog) "No such user '[email protected]' in mail authorization database.

After using "/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/remote_mail_restore/mail_auth_dump" the entries are correctly inserted into the authentication database and the account works properly.

Maybe some others can try this and confirm this behaviour or post a solution for that ;-)

Back