• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New Domain Creation = unwanted folders?

J

JVRudnick

Hello all...
I like very much 7.5 for Windows!

The only thing I'd like to change (and can't find out how to) is the number of folders created by Plesk when I create a new domain.

Right now, I always get a CSS, IMG, PICTURE LIBRARY and TEST folders...

And I'd like to get NONE of them...yet cant' figure out how to configure Plesk to do that...

Anyone?

Jim

if u get a answer and fix for this please post here. i would like to possibly get rid of these as well on new domain creations from the script level.

Now I know...

that what I'm talking about (this is right, yes?) is making a change to the SKELETON file....

so that Plesk will then create ONLY the folders that I want made....

can anyone here point out 'how to' do that?

the documentation does not show me a skeleton file, what it looks like, where it is, how to change same????

Jim

Go to server/skeleton to upload a new skeleton.

### copied directly from help ###

Skeleton Management
This page is used for uploading and activating new skeletons.

Skeletons are file structure templates and are used for fast automatic creation of predefined virtual host content when setting up physical hosting for domains.

Skeleton file may contain the following top-level directories only:

httpdocs
cgi-bin
conf
anon_ftp
error_docs
All other directories will be ignored during skeleton deployment.

The maximum allowed skeleton file size depends on the current server configuration options.

Allowed skeleton file types are *.zip, *.tar, *.tgz, *.gz, and *.rar archives.

To activate a new custom skeleton, first, select the archive file that contains the skeleton. Use the Browse button to locate the desired file. Then click Send File. The new skeleton will be uploaded and activated. Note that each new skeleton replaces the previously used skeleton with itself. Now, the new skeleton will be used in the process of creating all new physical hosting instances until it is replaced by another skeleton (new or the default one).

You can always return to using the default skeleton. To do so, just click the Default button. The default skeleton will replace the currently used skeleton and will be activated.

The list of files and directories can be sorted in ascending or descending order by several parameters. To do this, click on the corresponding parameter's title in a column heading.

To search in the list, enter a search pattern into the search field, and click Search. All matching items will be displayed in form of the reduced list. Click Show All to revert to displaying the whole list.

Emmet

Either it's me or it's you renhack...

okay, I know that already, and yes, I read that already...

what I DON'T know is, what does a skeleton file look like?

ie is it created in say Notepad, and saved out as what extension wise? .txt? .something else?

and what is the content of same? ie what do I have to list to get created....something as simple as this...

/css
/images

will that create a css folder and an images folder if I have just those 2 lines in this Notepad file?

Do you understand here? I've never seen a skeleton file, so I'm working in the dark....

comeon guys....help here?

Jim

The skeleton file is just the directory structure you want uploaded. So if you just want a new index.html with your hosting companies logo and text and a coming soon then create an httpdocs folder with an index.html and any necessary images and zip it up and upload it. Its not a configuration file. These are just folders that are copied into a new site, not created for a new website.

Emmet

AH....glimmering happening here...

do you mean then that I create an html file with that "under constrcution" notice and save same.

put it in a folder with say 2 other sub folders (CSS and IMAGES)

zip the works, then u/l to the Server>Skeleton puppy...

and that's it?

Hope so, first of all, if not could you correct me?

BUT last, for christ-sakes, could'nt that have been spelled out in the docs for us? While I like 7.5 for Windows, the folks SW hired to write the docs are like 3rd grade dropouts....

NO help at all...but thanks renhack....just confirm same and I'm off to see the wiz!

:)

Jim

make sure you put it in an httpdocs folder first. Then you have the right idea.

thanks!

thanks renhack....

worked like a charm.....

stupid stupid documentation tho.....

:-(

but great great users!!!!

;-)

Jim

WHOA....

wait....while my own skeleton file seems to have worked, I just noticed that there is a sub folder in the httpdocs folder that I did NOT include in my zip...

called picture_library....

how did it get there???

Jim

picture_library will always be there. It's used by the filemanager. You want to keep that there or you'll loose some functionality. Notcie you cant delete it through FTP.

Back