• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue New Domain not resolved

GianfrancoR

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47
Hi, I have installed plesk on an oracle arm free tier using the template available in the Plesk oracle marketplace. I performed the installation without problems, I logged in to the panel and associated a domain with the public ip address, so far everything was fine. Obviously, in advance on the oracle cloud network configuration, I opened the doors to allow access to the various http, https, etc. services. However, when after verifying the points on my domain hoster for the first website, and having configured it on plesk, I realized that this is never resolved and therefore the domain is unusable. I checked the ip configuration and added the public address to the internal ip address but I didn't solve anything. the strange thing is that the domain corresponding to the panel is resolved but not that of the other domains. Can you help me? Thank you

It might be one those stupid questions I am sometimes asking, but: Have you registered the domain name(s) on the Internet? Or did you only add them to your server? I am asking, because sometimes customers here click the "Add Domain" button and are wondering why their website cannot be reached. The cause is that "Add Domain" only configures the server, but it does not automatically register the domain on the Internet. For that reason root nameservers never know about it and cannot resolve it.

Hehe not Peter:). The domain is full registered on a hosting domain provider.

try yourself
ping turnomonitor.it

PING turnomonitor.it (129.152.2.229): 56 data bytes

129.152.2.229 is the public ip of my server

I am not getting any response from your server. How did you manage to do a working ping?

the problem is this, that is, I point the domain to the server's ip and I configured the domain on plesk but the server does not respond

I hope to be more precise in the explanation. I have a Vm Arm on oracle. On this Vm server I have installed plesk. So I pointed the acwildserver.it domain on the server ip and normally if I type on the browser www.acwildserver.it:8443 the access page to plesk opens as it is normal. After verifying that everything was working properly since the plesk panel opens regularly, I pointed another domain to the same ip address of the panel. The new domain pointed to the server is turnomonitor.it. So I created the domain on the same server using plesk indicating as the ip address to use the public one of the server (shared ip address). When I type on the browser the ip address turnomonitor.it this does not respond and as you have seen by pinging it is as if the server had never been configured. In short, the subject of my question is this what is not working and what am I wrong in the configuration of plesk or the server?

I think you'll need hands-on support on your server. The web server seems responsive, but a ping is being blocked. Blocking a ping is not a problem, but it makes tests more complicated. For your turnomonitor.it domain it appears that the server is responding either with an empty website or the server's default website. It'll simply need to be checked what the server configuraton is, what the web server configuration files say the webserver ought to be doing and what it is actually doing. Looking into the "Web Server Configurations Trouble Shooter" would be something, too, that could be a good thing.

Plesk Support is only one ticket away:

Back