• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New domain not working in Plesk

M

MikkyX

Hi,
We have Plesk 7.5 Reloaded on a Linux box.

We have one live domain on the server and today we were trying to add another - the difference being this was a subdomain created via altering DNS at the company holding the nameservers.

We created the neccessary DNS to make subdomain.DOMAIN.co.uk point to the IP of our Plesk box, and then in Plesk itself we created the site (without WWW of course)

DNS propagated quickly enough but when we go to the address we see the default page with this text:

This is the Pleskâ„¢ default page

If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.

For more information please contact Administrator

Everything looks fine in the server (checked via SSH) so why is this happening? All assistance much appreciated.

This usually means that Plesk is listening on another IP (DNS is forwarded to a different IP than Plesk listens to for this domain).

Originally posted by hardweb
This usually means that Plesk is listening on another IP (DNS is forwarded to a different IP than Plesk listens to for this domain).

Hi,
Thanks for the tip, but we only have one IP on this particular server so I'm not sure Plesk could be listening to any others?

I don't know whether it changes anything but I realised there's something I didn't mention in my original post - the MAIN site for this domain is hosted on an ASP server. We've altered the site DNS to point a subdomain at our Plesk box because the client wants to run a mailing list management application which is written in PHP.

So we were hoping the www.<domain>.co.uk could stay on our ASP box, while subdomain.<domain>.co.uk could go to our Plesk. Is this possible?

Originally posted by MikkyX
Hi,
Thanks for the tip, but we only have one IP on this particular server so I'm not sure Plesk could be listening to any others?

I don't know whether it changes anything but I realised there's something I didn't mention in my original post - the MAIN site for this domain is hosted on an ASP server. We've altered the site DNS to point a subdomain at our Plesk box because the client wants to run a mailing list management application which is written in PHP.

So we were hoping the www.<domain>.co.uk could stay on our ASP box, while subdomain.<domain>.co.uk could go to our Plesk. Is this possible?

Have the same problem. At one point it worked with test.<domain> but when I tried with project.<domain> all I could get was the default page for the server.

Had the two sub-domains installed at the same time and DNS on nameserver identically configured.

hi,
we got this sorted in the end - when i was using lists.<domain> it refused to work - so i tried it with mailshots.<domain> and it worked flawlessly first time. is lists a reserved subdomain in plesk or something?

Hmmm... noticed some other posts with others having similar problems.

Like I said, in my case one sub-domain works, the other doesn't. No logical reason I can see - though I did recently run the latest upgrades for Plesk from their web-site. Buggy, maybe.................

Back