• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New Hotfix and working with Banners

B

blazesoft

Hi Dimitry

I decided to open a new thread on this. I'm trying to understand the way the new banner and logo functionality works. I understand whats written at http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/index.htm?fileName=64020.htm but have a question.

I took a template as an example and took the default image in the header which was 565 x 222 px. I changed it now to 765x222 pixel and uploaded it.

a) Before this hotfix it wouldnt upload as the dimensions would have been incorrect but now it does.
b) The problem now though is it seems to have reduced the image in height and width so I assume it has now done the "Upload and scale down" option. See attached screenshot.

If my understanding is correct should I be able to upload an image now that is larger that the original and display it as I've uploaded it and if so how do I do that? Do I have to do add this line to my /usr/local/sitebuilder/config file

banner_resize_type = [keep_asis] or do I keep them all [keep_asis|error|simple|keep_aspect_ratio]

Hope that makes sense

Regards
Blaze

Attachments

• test3.jpg
    test3.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 17
banner_resize_type = [keep_asis] or do I keep them all [keep_asis|error|simple|keep_aspect_ratio]

The brackets signify the different options, you would specify your choice as:

banner_resize_type = keep_asis
or
banner_resize_type = error

etc.

this does not seem to work either. Image is still 'shrunk and distorted'. How do we fix this!!

Any update on this. Wasnt there a problem still after this. I've installed the hotfix on one of the server and it messes my banners up. Pre Hotfix Im still ok.

To have a banner upload and force it to display at the size I upload whats that right setting for this? My problem is the banner does upload but it doesnt position it in the right place

Thanks

Back