• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New install problem with port 715

M

milvet

I am getting the following error when trying to install 8.4.0 plesk. DNS is set right and nothing is using port 715. I opened 715 in the firewall the sulinux is disabled. Any Ideas?

Installing the package psa-8.4.0-fc5.build84080425.20.i586
Can not bind a socket to address vets-internet.com:715 - Cannot assign requested address
Please, check your network configuration

ERROR while trying to check the hostname
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_8.4.0_fc5.build84080425.20_installing.080517.18.58.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %pre(psa-8.4.0-fc5.build84080425.20.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-8.4.0-fc5.build84080425.20
ERROR: An error occurred during installation of packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

I don't think it has anything to do with the port. The error is

ERROR while trying to check the hostname

So it is likely to be something along those lines. First of all, try pinging the hostname itself. Do you get a reply? Make sure hosts.conf and hostname and so on are all correct from the Plesk's server's point of view. It might not be able to do a DNS lookup or something like that.

This is just a guess. As with any error message, it doesn't necessarily have to mean what it says :)

Faris.

Got that problem fixed....had to properly configure named which was not being used.

Back