1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

New install problem with port 715

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by milvet, May 17, 2008.

1. milvet

milvet Guest

I am getting the following error when trying to install 8.4.0 plesk. DNS is set right and nothing is using port 715. I opened 715 in the firewall the sulinux is disabled. Any Ideas?

Installing the package psa-8.4.0-fc5.build84080425.20.i586
    Can not bind a socket to address vets-internet.com:715 - Cannot assign requested address
    Please, check your network configuration

ERROR while trying to check the hostname
    Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_8.4.0_fc5.build84080425.20_installing.080517.18.58.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %pre(psa-8.4.0-fc5.build84080425.20.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
    error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-8.4.0-fc5.build84080425.20
    ERROR: An error occurred during installation of packages.
    Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
    Please, contact product technical support.

2. faris

faris Guest

I don't think it has anything to do with the port. The error is

ERROR while trying to check the hostname

So it is likely to be something along those lines. First of all, try pinging the hostname itself. Do you get a reply? Make sure hosts.conf and hostname and so on are all correct from the Plesk's server's point of view. It might not be able to do a DNS lookup or something like that.

This is just a guess. As with any error message, it doesn't necessarily have to mean what it says :)

Faris.

3. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

I think its something to do with hostname -f command not returning a FQDN

4. milvet

milvet Guest

Got that problem fixed....had to properly configure named which was not being used.