• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New Installation HELP

T

ThomasK

I just installed Plesk 7 for Windows, on my 2000 Server. I selected the Typical install, and when I click the Plesk Icon on the desktop I get a blank page, and the browser states it's done in the status bar.

Here is the URL:

https://localhost:8443/login.php3?previous_page=index

Can anyone tell me where to start looking to get this fixed? BTW I am runniung the demo, as I am looking to find some sort of control panel for my new hosting business.

If I can get this working I will purchase this, since it will keep the tech support calls to a minimum.

Thanks,
...Thomas Kloos

For everyone else who may be experiencing this problem, use the physical IP of the machine in place of localhost. This should solve your problem.

Unfortunately it did not fix my problem, I tried all the IP addresses assigned to my server, and I get the same. I think my problem may be that several of the programs installed with Plesk were already on my machine... Perl, PHP, mySQL, MailEnable. So I am deleting (uninstalling) them all and starting with a fresh install of Plesk... Hopefully that will help.

...Thomas

Please let me know if you ever gonna get the plesk 7 to run nicely on your 2000 server.
I have try but gave up, and installed it on a 2003 server.

Tried using the ip address and still no luck on a login screen and I am on Windows 2003. Help anyone.

Back