• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue New PHP version 8.2.15 shows the log levels they are disabled

jmar83

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
debian 10.x
Plesk version and microupdate number
system: plesk: plesk obsidian 18.0.58 update 2
hi there

system:

plesk:
plesk obsidian 18.0.58 update 2

debian 10.x

php:
v8.2.15

on page https://xxx:8443/smb/web/php-settings/id/19 ive set error level to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_WARNING but website still shows:

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property RandDotOrg::$uses_curl is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs/RandDotOrg.class.php on line 36

even when i set to E_NONE...

problem is with new php 8.2.x, before it was not with php 8.0.x

wjy?

many thx for feedback.

on stackoverflow, i read that a solution it to add
#[\AllowDynamicProperties] before "class" begins...

seems to, but how to solve it without change any code (so the code still has backward compatiblity)

Maybe in the code the error level is set? This will override the default setting in the configuration.

thank you for your feedback. no, because i used the same code before with php 8.0.x and there was not problem like that.

after i switched to 8.2.x then pressed refresh in browser it occured.

but it's not the first time that a php version change caused problems (logging in browser) like that

Got you now, didn't focus on the right part previously. The thing is that the "deprecated" message is an essential "fatal" notification built into PHP because the function itself no longer exists and PHP cannot continue to execute the code. That is for the new PHP version. If PHP suppressed such messages, developers could not find out why a script cannot be executed. This type of message will always be logged, regardless of the error level that has been set.

Back