• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue New PLESK Setup - WP site loading Assets Extremely Slow

jlwittleton

New Pleskian
Hi Everyone

I've recently set up PLESK on a new Alibaba Cloud Instance on a server in China. The site was working without issue on my previous Hong Kong Plesk Server, however, on the new setup, the site seems to load extremely slow, some assets taking 25+ seconds to load in and outside of mainland China.

I migrated the site using Migrator Plesk Extension, then I tried again manually migrating, but the result remained the same.

OS
Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
Product
Plesk Obsidian

Response from Alibaba Support:

We first checked that the website can be reached. It takes total of 55.82s to load 8.4Mb of static content. Then we checked the resolution speed. It takes total of 0.39 second to resolve and start receiving response body of the static content from server 【xxx.xx.xxx.xx】. So overall. We think the issue here is not with the client machine network or the connection route. The issue's with the Plesk application. Perhaps it requires higher PHP version or other settings to optimize transfer speed from server to client.

Thanks In Advance for any help.

Cheers

Last edited:
I'm not sure about this but I never experience any issue with other VPS. But I always deploy on Ubunti 18.04.
You may want to try deploy with other VPS such as VULTR or Ocean Digital.

If you use my affiliate link to VULTR you will get 100USD Credit to use and try. they also have plesk application pre-installed. test it out

With this:
"We think the issue here is not with the client machine network or the connection route. The issue's with the Plesk application. "
they mean this:
"The issue is in your website."
Plesk does not have anything to do with it. It's your website's scripts that determine to practically 100% how fast or how slow content is rendered and delivered. You can do simple tests for this. For example, you can place a phpinfo.php-File with
Code:
<?php phpinfo() ?>
in it, then open that file from the Internet. I am sure it will display much faster than your website. You will then need to check what exactly in your website is taking so long to render. A good start for that could be the Pingdom speedtest, because it shows what resources use how much time for rendering. Does your website use plugins? Then disable all of them and measure again. Activate one plugin after the other, measuring the time for rendering the site after each plugin, to find the culprit.

Last edited:
Back