• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved New Plex server, homepage works, but all other files/directories won't.

Reflux8731

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9 (Midnight Oncilla)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.59 Update #2
Hello,

I just started using my own dedicated server within a datacenter to host a few of my customers websites. I've done this several times, but I experience an issue that I haven't seen before.
All my customers are running Wordpress websites. I am migrating them from their old host manually. I do this by exporting their website files and exporting the database file. After that I upload the website files to the root directory of their new public_html folder and import the .sql file. After that I change the wp-config file to match the new database (and server) and change the domain records accordingly.

Somehow only just the homepage works, when navigating to another page or an image Plesk returns a 404 server error. I know this error means it can't find the page or image it's navigating to, but I am pretty sure it should work this way. The same happens when navigating through its direct dedicated IP.

What can I try to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance!!

Tried solving this yesterday for a few hours, managed to find a fix. It's not Plesk related, but it seems I missed to upload the .htaccess file that contained the necessary data to make the correct 'forwards'.

Back