• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved New Router - Can Not FTP to My Dedicated Server

Syclops

New Pleskian
I have a Dedicated Server with CentOS Linux 7.4.1708 and Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #38

I purchased a New Linksys EA9300 Router and put it in place and now I can't reach my Server with FTP using FileZilla, it doesn't even respond when trying to Connect.

Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity

Error: Could not connect to server

I can FTP just fine to Other Sites that are NOT on my Server.

I can still access Plesk Onyx Panel with the Web Browser.

Prior to changing the Router everything worked fine.

I've checked and updated my IP Whitelist in the IP Address Banning section. Does the Server need re-started for this to take effect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

Could you share your experience? What was wrong with the router and how are you fixed this? :)

It wasn't the Router, it was my screw up. I forgot I had set IP Addresses in the Plesk Firewall for the FTP Server, locked myself out after the IP Address changed when I installed the New Router. Duuuh. LOL

Hey there, how did you resolve it please ? i have the same router Linksys EA9300 and i have problem sharing file through FTP since i purchased it, i googled about it so much also watched many videos on youtube but none was helpful, i end up ask my friend help he’s IT guy he has a long experience with connections and internet and ask me to login to configuration router page using 10.0.0.0.1 and send me this 10.0.0.1 to help me out about login but still don’t know which option should i active.

Back