• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved New subdomain not visible in subscription with > 25 (sub) domains

B_P

Regular Pleskian
Dear all,

Today I tried to create a new subdomain with in my own (admin user) subscription. The server itself can be reached via subdomain.example.com and example.com is also managed via plesk. Thus, now I wanted to create another subdomain test.example.com from within that subscription.
It seems the domain is successfully created, however, it is not visible within my subscription. My observations are:
- The subdomain is setup in the DNS server
- The subdomain is listed under "Domain Services" > Domains
- The subdomain is not listed when I open my subscription via Home > My Subscriptions > subscription or when I open the same subscription from the subscription list at "Domain Services"
- The subdomain is listed in the psa table domains
- When I create a subdomain for a different domain (which belongs to the same subscription), this subdomain is visible as usual.

Does anyone else experience the same?
@IgorG Any ideas how to fix this / investigate this issue?

Plesk: Plesk Onyx (Web Pro), Version 17.8.11 Update #84

Maybe you have reached the limit for allowed subdomains in subscription of main domain?

Maybe you have reached the limit for allowed subdomains in subscription of main domain?

@IgorG Thanks for your quick reply!

The assigned subscription has unlimited subdomains. In addition, as I receive a confirmation that the subdomain was created successfully and that it is visible in the overall list of all domains, I would have expected that in that case already the overall creation should fail?

Hi,

I tried to create a new subdomain
It seems the domain is successfully created, however, it is not visible within my subscription
I'm not sure if I get this correctly.
Does anyone else experience the same?

My guess will go to, table inconsistency if you delete the same subdomain and lost connection during that delete or vise versa (Add) you'll face similar issues, this happened with me for service plans ( took me half a day to figure that out and fixed the table values.)

2- Maybe as simple as clear the view filter on domains page.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I get this correctly.
Well what I meant is: I create a sub domain like cms-new.example.com within my main subscription.
Once this has happened (successfully), Plesk redirects to the overview page of my subscription where all domains an sub domains are listed (the view shown in Managing Subscriptions). On this overview (in the "active" view, not the "classic" table view) the newly created domain is invisible.

However: If you open the "domain" list from the navigation section "Hosting Services", you can find cms-new.example.com over there. What I just figured out is that the domain is also visible if you choose the "classic" table view in a subscription.

Finally, it seems that I have found the reason and I believe that this is a bug: The behavior only occurs if you have two sub domains with a similar name pattern: In my case, I had a domain cms-xyz.example.com and I created another domain cms-new.example.com. Only then, one of the domain disappears from the subscription overview page (when using the new, standard "active" view).

@IgorG Can you confirm this bug using the procedure explained in the previous paragraph?

2018-11-24_15_00_36-example.org_-_Plesk_Onyx_17.8.11.png

Maybe?

2018-11-24_15_00_36-example.org_-_Plesk_Onyx_17.8.11.png

Maybe?

So true - the comment was so small that I overlooked it. It is actually the fact that there are more than 25 (sub) domains in the same subscription.
So problem solved to some extent.

@IgorG maybe as a change request: Maybe put the notice also on top of the list so that it is clearly visible to reduce the likelihood of being overlooked?

Back