• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New Updater Error

C

carliebentley

New Updates, to chance or not to chance.

edit: 11:30 AM EST Okay, now the updated shows up, and lists updates for Plesk 8 base packages, backup utilities, API, Migration Manager.

If I install these is it going to break my server further. Because I really would be upset.

If you already have Plesk 8 installed and running well the update should not adversly affect your server. That being said, I recommend installing these updates in 2 steps. First, only update the base package. When that is completed go back and do the rest.

Originally posted by phoenixisp
If you already have Plesk 8 installed and running well the update should not adversly affect your server. That being said, I recommend installing these updates in 2 steps. First, only update the base package. When that is completed go back and do the rest.

Ah, but that is unfortunate grasshopper as the updater will not allow me to UNcheck those additional updates.

Hmmm, how odd.

Originally posted by phoenixisp
Yeah, I just found that out. But it's OK Master Po, I just updated 2 boxes with no problems.

Since this is, Unfortunately a production server, I'll be waiting until much later this evening before attempting it.

I certainly wish SWsoft would give us some kind of "List of Chages" feature in the control panel. I would at least like to know what's going to be broken, so I know where to start looking.

Sorry, but with the problems I've had upgrading to 8, my confidence level is really low. No I mean REALLY LOW!

I've got 240+ domains and a boat load of users complaining constantly. The phone company called and asked if I was running an illegal 900 number service.

Back