• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Newbie search for help Webroot/Subdir

SabSchap

New Pleskian
Hello,
i'm a complete newbie to plesk.
In Strato I have a dedicated server with the following version:
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.31_build1800201127.17 os_CentOS 7

I want to install nextcloud as an extension so that nextcloud is in webroot. Also example.domain.de.
I have a given domain from strato in the domains ht3456xxx.strato.de and have created a new domain namely example.domain.de. Nextcloud should then be directly accessible here. I installed nextcloud here as an extension. But now you can access the nextcloud at example.domain.de\nextcloud. The nextcloud should however be accessible at example.domain.de. If I want to remove the specified h3456xxxx.strato.de website, which has been in existence from the start, the example.domain.de is also removed. Sorry for my terrible english.

I hope you can help me. there is probably a simple solution.

Thanks!

I recommend to start over and to first remove the existing Nextcloud installation to get more control over what is begin installed and where.

Keep your domain/subscription though.

Then go to Install – Nextcloud, click on "Web Installer", download the install script from there and place it into your document root directory of your domain. Then open a browser and type in your URL followed by /setup-nextcloud.php. Then simply follow the installation instructions of Nextcloud.

Ok. Thanks.

But if I copy the setup.php under example.domain.de and then carry out the corresponding installation via the web, then I have access to the Nextcloud again via example.domain.de/nextcloud.

Sorry, i have found my mistake.

I should read correctly from the start of the installation.
Yes, you probably overread the "path" windows where they place "nextcloud" as default path, but you want "." in there.

Ok.
But i still get a message regarding the database. Photo2

I would have to change a few variables. For example innodb_file_fomat but then comes this error message Photo1

what could be the reason?

Attachments

• Fehler sql SUPER User.PNG
    Fehler sql SUPER User.PNG
    35.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2020 12 03 Sicherheits und Einrichtungswarnungen.PNG
    2020 12 03 Sicherheits und Einrichtungswarnungen.PNG
    65.7 KB · Views: 2
Regarding the UTF-8 MB4 character set I can only recommend to ignore this setting and proceed without the change. You'd need admin privileges to adapt your database server to a different setting that Nextcloud can recognize that UTF-8 MB4 is actually available.

Regarding the https/SSL error message: Yes, it would have been a good idea to first set up SSL on the "Websites & Domains" menu. But you can still do it now. Simply use the "SSL/TLS" icon of SSL-it or the Let's Encrypt icon (whichever one your installation offers) to create an SSL certificate for your domain.

Nextcloud loves HSTS. While there are some disadvantages of HSTS, you'll see an error message in Nextcloud if HSTS is not activated. It's probably just as useless as the UTF-8 MB4 error message. But anyway, you can activate HSTS in your SSL-it "SSL/TLS" icon, too.

PHP Memory Cache: One more of these useless stuff that developers have packed into their program. You can ignore that one, too. In a default Plesk installation, Nextcloud will work perfectly well and fast without it.

So should i ignore the first and last message? But my php-myadmin.

but my php admin shows me this collation

Attachments

• Kollation.PNG
    Kollation.PNG
    9.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Datenbankkollation.PNG
    Datenbankkollation.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 1
Do you need to store Smilies or foreign characters like Vietnamese or Chinese characters in your database? In that case, yes, maybe you need to go through the effort to meticulously reconfigure your database server so that it runs with UTF-8 MB4 by default. Actually, MariaDB installations for example do that, but it is not recognized by Nextcloud. If you do not need such special characters, you can safely ignore the issue.

Back