• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Nginx and Securi

Nadeem Aslam

New Pleskian
Hi

I'm running a server with plesk nginx, apache, mysql the standard stuff, in front of the server sits a web based firewall called Securi

In order to stop the firewall being bypassed they offer some information on how to do it on apache as well as nginx

There suggested information is this

location / {
allow 192.88.134.0/23;
allow 185.93.228.0/22;
allow 2a02:fe80::/29;
allow 66.248.200.0/22;
deny all;
# Existing NGINX rules
}

But when i put that into the Additional nginx directives within the pelsk interface i get the following error

Invalid nginx configuration: nginx: [emerg] duplicate location "/" in /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.org.uk/conf/vhost_nginx.conf:13 nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

My question is the fix i did think about editing nginx.conf for the domain and trying it in there but i know plesk / nginx sort of works different - this setting only need to apply to one domain and it's sub domains so not a global setting

Since i'm not a nginx expert - should i edit nginx.conf for the domain or does the rule need a rewrite - also i think there is a command to run to rebuild nginx or something

Thanks

Nadeem

Hi Nadeem Aslam,

Since i'm not a nginx expert - should i edit nginx.conf for the domain or does the rule need a rewrite
Sorry, but you posted in a "Plesk - related" - forum. Even that you are able to insert "additional nginx directives" over the Plesk Control Panel, this doesn't mean, that your issue is "Plesk - related" ( which it isn't ). Pls. consider to open such a thread/discussion at => Home > Forum > General Discussion > Open Topics

Additional informations:
Pls. note, that NGINX rewrite - questions should be asked at for example at: => Nginx Forum

this setting only need to apply to one domain and it's sub domains so not a global setting
"location" - definitions are never global settings, they are always (sub)domain - specific, which need to be placed inside the (sub)domain - specific configuration files, or inside the "vhosts_nginx.conf".

There suggested information is this
If "they" suggest a basic solution for their product, they should be aware about issues/errors/problems, in case that templates are used and already defined directives as within Plesk templates as:
Code:
    location / {
        proxy_pass https://207.38.89.43:7081;
        proxy_set_header Host             $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Real-IP        $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For  $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header X-Accel-Internal /internal-nginx-static-location;
        access_log off;
    }
... are already existent. Consider to ask "them" to rewrite their suggestions for that cases. ;)

Back