• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Nginx can't bind to 192.168.1.1:80....

apaunovski

Basic Pleskian
So, my Plesk server has 2 IP's...

One external and shared - 95.xxxxxxxxxx
One internal for communication with the backup server - 192.168.1.1

Today I tried to change NGINX configuration for a website and I get an error - "Nginx failed to bind to IP 192.168.1.1:80"...

Why is Nginx trying to bind to that internal IP at all?

I use it to connect my Plesk server to my backup server... It's not for the world and website serving.

How do I solve that? What do I do?

Here is the exact error message

Invalid nginx configuration: nginx: [emerg] bind() to 192.168.1.1:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address) nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failedUnable to use the current nginx configuration file and to rollback to the previous version of the file because they both contain invalid configuration.

The issue has been resolved, but I have to make a few contributions. I tried it too, but I got an error on some pages, especially the 192.168.1.1 page was quite challenging for me. The interface on my modem is quite troublesome, so I found this page by following topics like you. 192.168.1.1 is difficult for Ngix but I was able to solve this by assigning a NAT page. If you take a careful look at the admin login page, you will be able to recognize all I have said very easily. thanks for your support

Back