• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Nginx domain .conf file blank

Imad S

New Pleskian
Hey,

I recently needed to make some changes to the domain.conf file at the following path: /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts. When I try to edit the file it just has 3 lines at the top warning me that the changes made here would not persist, while other domain confs have full configs inside.

I am positive that the domain in question is set to use nginx, double checked this, so what gives? Why is the file blank?

Hi Imad S,

first, the configuration files at "/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts" are symlinks to the domain specific domain configuration files at "/var/www/vhosts/system/YOURDOMAIN.COM/conf" and should not be edited. If you would like to make additional settings to these files, please use the "Additional NGINX directive" box in your domain specific webserver settings, this will result in additional entries with your definitions in your "/var/www/vhosts/system/YOURDOMAIN.COM/conf/vhost_nginx.conf" ( for NGINX ) and if you would like to modify the apache config file for that domain ( Additional APACHE directive - box ), then these changes will appear in the "/var/www/vhosts/system/YOURDOMAIN.COM/conf/vhost.conf" file.

Sorry, I can't answer you, WHY you seem to have a blank nginx configuration file for a specific domain, neither can any one else guess what happened on your system, without investigations of logs and configuration files - but you are always able to re-configure ( generate ) these files with the commands:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
or
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain YOURDOMAIN.COM

Thank you for the reply, I did in fact try reconfigure all command, but it still appears to be empty.

I've noticed that as soon as I add a custom template for nginx with a custom port, a apache server on port 80 spawns in it's place. I need to put varnish in front of nginx. I understand it isn't officially supported but I thought I could hack the server to get it to work.

Back