• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

nginx error

PedroN

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I am having this error with nginx and I do not know what can I do:

[crit] 10347#0: *1191286 connect() to *******:7080 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address) while connecting to upstream

Waiting for your reply,
Pedro

Hi PedroN,

if you don't like suggestions to solve issues, as described in your starting post, could you explain, what sort of help you desire?

Hi PedroN,

if you don't like suggestions to solve issues, as described in your starting post, could you explain, what sort of help you desire?
I did read your suggestion, but I am telling you that it is not the problem, your suggestion tells me this:

Cause
  • IP was removed from the server directly but was not removed from Plesk.

• IP of the server was changed directly on the server. Plesk did not update the configuration automatically.

And in my server I have not changed my ip or done anything with it. That article is for people in which nginx does not work, and I am telling you that nginx does work when I do not have a huge amount of connections on my server.

Hi PedroN,

what a pitty, that you didn't read the whole article. You would have noticed, that this KB - article is was well written for people with the issue:
Nginx cannot start:

[emerg] bind() to 10.9.23.65:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address) ;

The resolution in the KB - article helps to solve misconfigurations and may solve you a lot of time to investigate the root cause of your current issue. If you still don't want to follow the resolution, pls. provide complete error - logs ( nginx and php ) and traces, so that further investigations can be done by people willing to help you.

Hi PedroN,

what a pitty, that you didn't read the whole article. You would have noticed, that this KB - article is was well written for people with the issue:

The resolution in the KB - article helps to solve misconfigurations and may solve you a lot of time to investigate the root cause of your current issue. If you still don't want to follow the resolution, pls. provide complete error - logs ( nginx and php ) and traces, so that further investigations can be done by people willing to help you.
This are my proxy_error_logs:
http://prntscr.com/b3ef3e
The error logs in nginx are empty, and I do not understand where are the php ones that you are asking me, also do not know about traces.

Thanks

Hi PedroN,

your PHP - error - logs are located at "/var/log" ( depending to your used PHP - version ). I ask for it, because I assume, that you use as well PHP - FPM on your domain and the PHP - error - logs might point to some configuration failure(s).

Hi PedroN,

your PHP - error - logs are located at "/var/log" ( depending to your used PHP - version ). I ask for it, because I assume, that you use as well PHP - FPM on your domain and the PHP - error - logs might point to some configuration failure(s).
I only have a PHP Warning: file_get_contents nothing more

Hi PedroN,

just to be sure, you can always check, that the port is not already used by another process ( maybe as well an orphaned process, which wasn't killed during a restart ). Please keep in mind, that if you are using apache2 and nginx with Plesk, then apache will listen on ports 7080/7081, while nginx will listen to 80/443 - Please check your configuration files at "/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d" and "/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d" ( paths are for Ubuntu/Debian - based systems... if you use another operating system, please use the paths for CentOS/RHEL - based systems!!! ) and don't forget, that you are able to reconfigure you configuration files with the command "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all" ( as already given solution in the KB - article 114245 ) - don't forget to restart your apache2 and nginx after a recreation process!!!

service nginx status
lsof -i :80
lsof -i :443

service apache2 status
lsof -i :7080
lsof -i :7081

( Please post the output of the commands ).

Back