• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Nginx Wont Start Automatically after Reboot

HunterY

New Pleskian
So Everything was going great! Until I needed to reboot, and then after that only Plesk panel worked not my IP or any domains setup with it.

BUT when I restart Nginx it all starts working again! (Had to /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all to get the domains to go to the right directory though)

But now everytime I reboot the server Nginx has to be restarted

Is this Normal?

I`m running Plesk 12 fresh clean install yesterday

CentOS 7 64Bit

Thank you!

Maybe this helps?
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --enable

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --enable is not helping....

After reboot I must manually restart nginx to bring domain on-line.

Any new suggestions?

Last edited:
For testing purposes, obvious...

I wrote in another thread that sometimes nginx stop functioning and after reboot I had to restart it manually to bring domain online...

To correct thread title:
NGINX start on reboot but not functional until restart service.

Last edited:
got the same problem, nginx wasn´t enabled in systemd .

type "chkconfig nginx" ... if the command replies "disabled" type "chkconfig nginx enable"

this worked for us

Yes, this was the problem:

# systemctl is-enabled nginx.service
disabled

# systemctl enable nginx.service
ln -s '/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service' '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nginx.service'
# systemctl is-enabled nginx.service
enabled

Thank You RedEnzian !!!

Had this problem on a new Centos 7, Plesk 12 install.
The problem was nginx was attempting to bind to port 443 before the IP was initialized.
To fix edit the /etx/sysctl.conf file and add
net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind = 1
Then reload your sysctl.conf file
sysctl -p /etc/sysctl.conf

Back