• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved No access plesk after installing mailserver

HeRiNo

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I installed postfix on my Plesk 12.x latest version. After that I get on plesk page this:

Code:
mailmng-server failed: Fatal error: plesk::Exc<&(plesk::ExecCmd::Failed(bool)), plesk::ExDefault>(Execution of /usr/sbin/postconf -d -h mail_version failed with return code 127.
Stderr is
/usr/sbin/postconf: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
)

I can do nothing anymore in Plesk. Even not log out. Can someone help me please?

Best Regards, Herman.

try
Code:
plesk repair mail
Hello Ivalics,
thank you for your reply.

I did plesk repair mail and got this error:

Code:
[root@vmi66617 ~]# plesk repair mail
[2016-08-11 20:26:40] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-server' '--features'] with exit code [1]
mailmng-server failed: Fatal error: plesk::Exc<&(plesk::ExecCmd::Failed(bool)), plesk::ExDefault>(Execution of /usr/sbin/postconf -d -h mail_version failed with return code 127.
Stderr is
/usr/sbin/postconf: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
)

Still don't know what to do.

Regards, Herman.

Do you have /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16 file on your system?
This file is a part on mysql-libs package:

# rpm -qf /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16
mysql-libs-5.1.73-7.el6.i686

Make sure that this package is correctly installed.

Hello, I think this means that I have the package installed?
Code:
[root@vmi66617 ~]# rpm -qf /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16
mysqlclient16-5.1.59-2.el6.art.i686

Regards, Herman.

I also looked at /usr/lib/mysql/ then did ls and see what is in there:

Code:
libmysqlclient_r.so.16      libmysqlclient.so.16
libmysqlclient_r.so.16.0.0           libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0

Don't know or this is okay?

Best regards, Herman

Code:
libmysqlclient_r.so.16      libmysqlclient.so.16
libmysqlclient_r.so.16.0.0           libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0

Don't know or this is okay?

Best regards, Herman

Does some one maybe has a suggestion about what I should do without setting up my vps again. I still have no access to plesk and can't find the solution.

Regards, Herman.

Hi HeRiNo,

first, pls. make sure, that the needed library - file exists on your server. A very good tool for this approach is "mlocate".

On Debian 6, you would use the command:

apt-get install mlocate

... to install the program.

Afterwards, you are able to "Build the mlocate - database", with the command:

updatedb

( It is a good idea to install a crontab, which updates the mlocate - database automatically... I use for example an hourly task on servers I administrate )

Now you are ready to use the example command:

locate libmysqlclient.so.16

which will answer with the complete location of the file, if it's found on your server.​

According to "https://pkgs.org/centos-6/atomic-i386/mysqlclient16-5.1.59-2.el6.art.i686.rpm.html", the file "libmysqlclient.so.16" is part of your installed package "mysqlclient16-5.1.59-2.el6.art.i686.rpm", so pls. consider to RE-INSTALL the *.rpm, if you experience issues.
Use the command

ldd /usr/sbin/postconf

to point to possible missing library - files. If you experience issues with postfix, consider to repair them with the help of

Hello UFHH01, thank you for your reply.

"mysqlclient16-5.1.59-2.el6.art.i686.rpm", so pls. consider to RE-INSTALL the *.rpm, if you experience issues. <----- is it possible that you explane to me step by step how I reinstall the *.rpm

Best regards, Herman.

Hi HeRiNo,

pls. consider to teach yourself with some basic linux knowledge... you will need it, if you want to administrate a server.

yum reinstall PACKAGENAME
yum reinstall PACKAGENAME1 PACKAGENAME2 PACKAGENAME3

Hi UFHH01,

thank you verry much. Yes I am trying to learn but its a lot :) And I am hoping not to have to reinstall my server so I am carefull. I have 1 more question, when I reinstall that package wil I then lose al the data bases?

Regards, Herman.

Hi HeRiNo,

package (re)installations just install the provided files and reconfigure for example services only, when you use an additional "force" or "override" command ( these command strings vary and can be read in the depending manuals / documentation, or with the help of the additional "--help" string.

In your case, the included files for your package are:
Code:
libmysqlclient_r.so.16
libmysqlclient_r.so.16(libmysqlclient_16)
libmysqlclient.so.16
libmysqlclient.so.16(libmysqlclient_16)
mysqlclient16 = 5.1.59-2.el6.art
mysqlclient16(x86-32) = 5.1.59-2.el6.art

Your data at "/var/lib/mysql" will NOT BEING TOUCHED during this process.

Attachments

• ldd usrsbinpostconf.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi HeRiNo,

If you are curious, about the actual configuration, pls. have a look at the file "/etc/ld.so.conf.d/mysqlclient.conf" and see possible missing paths, which results in your "not found" - issue.

Apart from that, your output from "ldd /usr/sbin/postconf" is quite clear here:

libmysqlclient.so.16 = not found

You already provided the information, WHERE your library "libmysqlclient.so.16" is located on your server.

Code:
libmysqlclient_r.so.16 libmysqlclient.so.16
libmysqlclient_r.so.16.0.0 libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0

So your next commands to solve your issue would be:

echo '/usr/lib/mysql/' >> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/mysqlclient.conf
ldconfig -v

If this didn't already solved your issue, consider to search for more missing configurations paths... as for example, look for the folder "/usr/lib/sw" or "/usr/lib64/sw" and modify the next suggestion to your search results:

echo '/usr/lib/sw' >> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/sw_libs.conf

OR ( !!! )

echo '/usr/lib64/sw' >> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/sw_libs.conf

and finish your modification with:

ldconfig -v

Now pls. go back to the mentioned KB - article and see if you now understand the resolutions provided at this KB - article. :)

Hi UFHH01, thank you verry much for your patience. Yes, the way you described it I do understand it now :)
But unfortunately after doing all the above as you said the problem is still there. No change.
Regards, Herman.

Hi HeRiNo,

if you made changes, then the investigations have to start from the beginning again. Now that you changed your ld - config, there MUST be another result, when using the command:

ldd /usr/sbin/postconf

If you don't provide the new investigation - results, people willing to help you can only guess, which is too time-consuming, in order to provide some decent help.

Often enough, you could solve postfix/qmail - issues with the switch to another other mail - server, followed by the switch back again. In your case, you could as well try:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component qmail

( Test your mail - server please! )

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component postfix
Both commands will install the desired mail - server ( version depends on your vendor! ), with the depending Plesk configuration files for that mail - server and possible additional plesk-modified-libraries. There will be no changes at all to your existent eMails on your server and the existent configured eMail - accounts ( location: "/var/qmail" ) won't be touched at all.

Pls. keep in mind, that all changes result in new configuration files and standard settings have to be controlled, in order to fit possible unique modifications. If you experience issues after a change, people willing to help should get new log - files, new configuration files and all other depending files, which are requested before to investigate your issue, because the old files are no longer valid for your current configuration. Try not to post another COMPLETE mail - log, because it might be confusing to search in a huge log - file, when people willing to help you don't know the exact time of your possible changes. ;)

Hello, well I did /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component qmail
and now I have access back to plesk. Thank you verry verry much!! Now I need to find out how to get email back to work again. Thanks again for your patience and great help UFHH01.

Best regards, Herman.

Back