• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved sw-engine won't start

Frostbolt

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

After some issues with emails I tried updating the server. When that process stalled in the interface, I rebooted the server. Now everything is broken :(

I get the 502 Bad Gateway error when I try to access the Plesk login page.
The repair tool shows Service sw-engine.service Status Stopped

When I try to run
plesk repair all
I get:
/usr/bin/sw-engine: error while loading shared libraries: liblock_manager.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
exit status 127

And
systemctl status sw-engine -l
● sw-engine.service - Startup script for Panel sw-engine
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/sw-engine.service; enabled; vendor pr eset: disabled)
Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/sw-engine.service.d
└─respawn.conf
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2021-08-13 22 :33:36 CEST; 678ms ago
Process: 8097 ExecStopPost=/usr/bin/find /run/lock/lmlib/ -mindepth 1 -delete (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 8095 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sw-engine-fpm --fpm-config /etc/sw-engine/sw -engine-fpm.conf -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini --nodaemonize --pid /run/s w-engine.pid (code=exited, status=127)
Main PID: 8095 (code=exited, status=127)
CGroup: /system.slice/sw-engine.service

systemd[1]: Failed to start Startup script for Panel sw-engine.
systemd[1]: Unit sw-engine.service entered failed state.

yum update
No packages marked for update

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

p.s. I'm running on Centos

Something wrong with plesk-lmlib package which contains missing liblock_manager.so.2 file:

# rpm -ql plesk-lmlib
/etc/lock_manager_local.ini
/run
/run/lock
/run/lock/lmlib
/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d
/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/plesk-lmlib.conf
/usr/lib64/liblock_manager.so.2
/usr/lib64/liblock_manager.so.2.5
/usr/share/doc/plesk-lmlib-0.2.5
/usr/share/doc/plesk-lmlib-0.2.5/log4cplus.LICENSE

So, try to reinstall it. Download first for CentOS7 (or do you have CentOS8? In this case, it is: https://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_1...-lmlib-0.2.5-1centos.8.210707.1231.x86_64.rpm):

# wget https://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_1...-lmlib-0.2.5-1centos.7.210707.1232.x86_64.rpm

and reinstall it with force:

# rpm -ivh --force plesk-lmlib-0.2.5-1centos.7.210707.1232.x86_64.rpm

Back